At the end of industrial training period, students will be assessed to determine their grade. The grade will be based on marks acquired from all evaluation methods and the minimum passing percentage is 45%. Fail grade will also be given to those who fail to submit the industrial training full report or turn up for presentation.
Students will be evaluated base on the following schemes:
Industrial training’s report prepared by student, including logbook (20+40%)
The assigned supervisor is also responsible to assess the student’s performance based on the logbook and the industrial training full report submitted to him/her.
Student’s presentation (40%)
The student’s presentation will be assessed by supervisor assigned by the committee. Each student will be given ten to fifteen minutes for the presentation, and question and answer (QA). Assessment of the student’s presentation will be using Form F – Student’s Oral Presentation Evaluation Section.
REPORT AND LOGBOOK EVALUATION GUIDELINE
Industrial training’s report and logbook prepared by the students will contribute 40% of the overall evaluation. Below is the guideline on marking the report and logbook.
- Introduction (5%) – synopsis, company profile etc.
- Task Assigned (25%) – type of assignment(s), how assignment(s) been solved, knowledge gained, equipment used, duration to complete, problem occur and solution, conclusio
- Presentation (10%) – format, proper language usage, continuity, tidiness etc.
- Logbook (10%) – adequacy of the content of the logbook as an acceptably good preliminary report, organization of the logbook, tidiness of the logbook, endorsement from host supervisor.
STUDENT’S PRESENTATION EVALUATION
Student’s presentation will contribute 20% of the overall evaluation. Below are the presentation aspects that need to be considered when evaluating student’s presentation using Form F.
- Assignment background (5)
- Objective fulfillment (5)
- Presentation skills (5)
- Ability in answering the questions during QA session.
INDUSTRIAL TRAINING SUPERVISOR’S REPORT EVALUATION
|ASSESSMENT ON STUDENT||A||B||C||D||E||Score|
|1||TECHNICAL & LEARNING SKILLS
(e.g Technical ckilled learned so far)
|2||PLANNING AND ORGANISING
(e.g. How presentable is his log book)
(e.g. How mature & confidence in working relationships, appearance & manners)
(e.g. Verbal and written communications, asking questions, effective presentation)
|5||MOTIVATION & COMMITMENT
(e.g. Aiming for perfection, devoting time necessary to meet challenging goals)
|6||RESPONSIVENESS & FLEXIBILITY
(e.g. Adapting well to changing circumstances and taking interest in new opportunities)
|7||ANALYSIS & JUDGEMENT OF PROBLEMS
(e.g. Identifying inter-relationships from a wide perspective & finding practical solutions to problems)
A: Excellent B: Good C: Competent D: Below Average E:Poor